Register Your Car In Spain

Articles - Register Your Car In Spain

Important information relating to the prcess of registering your car in Spain.

Register a UK Car in Spain

Register a UK Car in Spain

Table of Contents

Are you thinking of bringing your car from the UK to Spain? If this is the case, you will need to take a number of actions in order to register your car in Spain and remain in compliance with the law. In the following post, we will walk you through the procedures necessary to register a UK car in Spain and explain why you should do so.

Step 1: Let the DVLA know that you will be shipping your vehicle overseas.

You are required to provide notice to the Driver and Vehicle Licencing Agency (DVLA) in the United Kingdom that you want to export your vehicle before you may transport it to Spain. In order to do this, you will need to give them a permanent export form known as a V5C, which may be found in the logbook that comes with your car. You don’t need to worry if you can’t find the logbook since the DVLA will let you submit an application for a replacement.

Step 2: Obtain a translation of the papers that has been officially certified.

You will be required to submit an application for, and then get, a certified translation of all of the paperwork that are written in English in order to register a UK car in Spain. Your vehicle’s registration certificate (V5) or other vehicle papers, as well as the sales receipt and technical details. In order for the paperwork to be approved for the purpose of registering your vehicle, it is required to go through a qualified translator.

Step 3: Ensure that all applicable taxes for the vehicle’s registration are paid in full.

When you register a UK car in Spain, you will be required to pay two different taxes: one is a road tax, and the other is a registration tax. The amount of road tax that must be paid to the town hall where you reside is determined by both the kind of vehicle and its engine power. The amount of the registration tax that must be paid to the tax office (AEAT) is determined by the CO2 emissions that the vehicle produces. In order to go to the next stage, you will need to gather payment receipts for both taxes to submit.

Step 4: Get an ITV card in the Spanish format.

In order to pass the physical inspection, an ITV station will need that you bring your car there. You will need to bring the following papers with you to the ITV station: the car registration certificate from the country of origin, the certificate of conformity (CoC), the purchase contract or the invoice if you are not the owner of the vehicle that is registered on the registration certificate, and the certificate of conformity (CoC) if you are the owner of the vehicle that is registered on the registration certificate. The ITV station will issue the ITV card for the vehicle in Spanish and provide it to you in that language. In the event that the vehicle was not exempt from the ITV for the current year, it is required to undergo the relevant technical inspection.

Step 5: Submit an application for car registration to the DGT.

You will need to go to the Dirección General de Tráfico (DGT) in order to hand over the documentation that you got in the previous stages, as well as the registration application, your papers of identification and domicile, and any other relevant paperwork. Following an examination of each of these papers, the DGT will next register the car and provide you with the certificate of vehicle registration.

Step 6: Get the Spanish licence plates.

When you have the certificate of vehicle registration in your possession, you will be able to get the Spanish licence plates for your vehicle. You may accomplish this in a specialty store or at a garage. Both of these places provide the service. The format of Spanish licence plates is standardised, consisting of four digits and three letters.

Step 7: Once you have successfully register a UK car in Spain, you must inform the DVLA of this fact.

You will be required to inform the DVLA that you have registered your vehicle in Spain once you have obtained the Spanish licence plates for your vehicle. You will need to give them form V561 in addition to a copy of the Spanish registration certificate and a copy of the Spanish road tax receipt in order to do this.

Now you have successfully completed all of the steps required to register your foreign automobile in Spain. Alternatively – you can have us do it all for you! Keep in mind that you may be required to retake the ITV at regular intervals depending on the age and classification of your vehicle.

At our team is made up of professional automotive consultants. The process that we provide is a fully legal way of guaranteeing that your vehicle is registered into the Spanish system when you import your car into Spain. Our goal is to supply a quality service and build strong working relationships with our clients. Whether you have a vehicle from inside the European Union or as far away as Australia or the U.S of A, we are able to register your vehicle when you import your car in Spain.

Share this page: